UAV / Drone Operator
Green Aero Tech is seeking a UAV / Drone Operator for the region of South AB to fulfill our increasing UAV service contracts in the region. This position is responsible for the in-field operations of our products and services in the designated region.
The position is for a seasonal sub-contractor and requires extensive travel and outdoor work in the field.
- General Pilot duties of fixed-wing and multi-rotor UAV / Drones
- Basic Flight Planning in co-ordination with Logistics Manager
- Ensure that all equipment is charged/updated and ready for safe and efficient operation
- Monitoring of weather, air traffic, and other factors affecting safety and/or data quality
- Strict adherence to all Transport Canada regulations and local bylaws
- Pre-assess sites for suitability of mission, note obstacles/hazards
- Notify landowners and neighbors of properties prior to starting operation at any site
- Maintain professional demeanor and bio-security on-site with and without spectators present
- Operate UAV equipment using Ground Control Stations to efficiently complete missions
- Troubleshoot on-site issues and/or required deviations from initial flight plan
- Co-ordination with Crew / Observers and other on-site personnel
- Regular reporting (daily/hourly) of flight/field activities for review by Logistics Manager
- Responsible for UAVs and all related equipment both when on- and off-site
- Submit expenses and timesheets on a regular basis for review and payment
- Must have strong computer skills and familiarity with Windows PC environment
- Must be adept with handling technology in safe and efficient manner
- Must be available to travel to job sites and/or be on the road for 2-6 days at a time
- Must have excellent problem-solving abilities with confidence to make decisions in-field
- Must be available to work on-call and occasionally during weekends / holidays
- Valid Class 5 license and clean driving record will be required
- ROC-A licensing will be required and can be obtained during on-the-job training
Ideal candidate traits:
- Hard working, self-motivated, general knowledge of technology
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal ability
- Able to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Knowledge of GPS and/or map navigation, locating rural land descriptions, etc.
- Comfortable with potential itinerary changes due to weather and other factors
- Familiarity with Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agriculture industry and/or survey methodology is a plus
- Experience with RTK survey-grade equipment and/or soil sampling is a strong plus
- Previous experience with UAV-related technology (hobby, consumer, professional or otherwise) will be an asset, but is not required
Green Aero Tech offers very competitive compensation for the role of UAV / Drone Pilot ranging from $20/hr to $30/hr depending on experience and training. Additional expenses such as travel mileage, vehicle allowance, and training costs will be part of the individual sub-contractor agreement.
About Green Aero Tech
Green Aero Tech is a cutting edge provider of UAV services for mapping, media and industry support. We utilize survey-grade UAVs to provide essential information to industries such as Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Mining, Forestry, Engineering, Environmental, Government and more. We combine high tech hardware with industry leading expertise in data processing and infrastructure to lead the UAV service industry in Canada.
To apply for this position, please submit an email with attached resume / references to: email@example.com
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.